Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Update, Fall and Future Blogging Ideas

Alright alright, I know! It's been months since I've last written here and only God knows why. I was possibly lacking imagination, words, drive, whatever it was. There so many ideas and creative projects I would like to accomplish, but with the language barrier those projects have taken a backseat.

School: Ah! So happy to finally say that I am using the language more than before. I know that I want a bright future and the fact that I am going to school for free means that I better take full advantage of that. Waking up early for school reminds me of my early days of dragging myself out of bed and learn something while you're still half asleep. But I like it once I am already there. I have finally nailed the pronunciation of ö, ä, å and y. Those suckers were hard, especially since you have to put your lips in an O shape, haha that was a fun learning experience.

Marriage: Kenny and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary (again) and every time we do celebrate, we get reminded of how far we have come and how much we have grown. We do acknowledge our love daily and continue to work at any area that needs to be worked on but there's just something awesome about recognizing another year has gone by and the two of us are still together. A lot of marriages fail in a year and the thought of that is hard to imagine. When Kenny and I got married, we promised to not even mention the word Divorce because the more you bring it up, the more it seems like an escape right around the corner. Different situations can lead there but that's not a topic for today. Today is happy news. Kenny is having plenty of job interviews, so keep him in your prayers.

                                                              Our wedding day part 2
                                                         At our friends lake house
                                                             Mya & Niklas a bit far ;)





Friends: We met a lovely couple named Mya and Niklas. To begin with, we met when I was courageous enough to seek people from Sweden on Myfitnesspal. I saw a picture of Mya and she seemed like a great person, so I e-mailed her. I have never done that, but she responded and we talked back and forth getting to know one another. A few weeks later we met for dinner along with our men. Little did we know that we have so much in common. So much that we spent 4 hrs there.We are different still in so many ways but Mya and I have experienced almost the same thing coming to Sweden. She's Lebanese Australian and I am Puerto Rican American. We've met a few times and the more we know about one another, the more scary it seems ha ha. Niklas in some sense is almost like Kenny, being part Finnish and Swedish. I know they have more in common but I haven't been around their guys talks long enough. I prayed and prayed to God( maybe even cried) for a girlfriend here and voila, God delivered. It makes things so much easier.



My new love: I am falling in love with everything makeup! Good grief! I know. But there's something fun about makeup and colors and just empowering women. Let's see where that takes me.

Book: I am currently reading It's Your Time by Joel Osteen. Long overdue but I think the timing is fitting.


The Weather: Sweden is getting cold. Right now it's around 47 F at 3:30 p.m! But seeing the trees change color and feeling the crisp cold air warms my heart a bit. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING TIME!!!!1 Yayyyyyy.


I have a lot of ideas running in my brain but I will write them and set them aside. Probably publish them weekly?

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday.

Love,
Ile

No comments:

Post a Comment